2019 ECE Affiliates Day
The ECE Corporate Affiliates Day was recently on March 29th. I was involved in two research posters.
1st was the neural network based DPD that I am working on with our VIP team. The undergraduates won the “Best Undergraduate Research Award.” Their poster is available here. This is unpublished work so far that is promising. I have worked on DPD for my entire time at Rice, and it is still an interesting problem to me. Our new neural network-based approach seems to outperform a more traditional, indirect learning architecture memory polynomial based method. We are actively exploring this topic to better quantify the performance and tradeoffs. Moreover, we are currently exploring what the NN learned so that we can gain insight on the behavior of the PA.
My other poster is related to the work that I showed at DYSPAN last year on spectrum sharing in the CBRS band. That poster is available here. We are working on a journal extension of this work now.
- Low-complexity, multi sub-band digital predistortion
- GPU-Based Linearization of MIMO Arrays
- Neural-Network DPD via Backpropagation through a Neural-Network Model of the PA
- Design and Implementation of a Neural Network Based Predistorter for Enhanced Mobile Broadband
- New Version of my DPD Matlab Library Available